Monday, October 5, 2009

Driftwood Week 5 goals

Hi all,

Hoping you are all doing great. I am loving the chill in the air and the prospect of curling up in my bed, in the evenings, with a big fat book. Also, I think autumn and tea sort of 'go' together. Since, most of you are tea-lovers, I thought I'd ask if you could suggest some must-have/must-drink teas that I should try. I thought I'd compile a list of must-haves that I'd work through.

Now on to last week's goals:

Academic:

1. Write up the proposed changes to my experiment, the rationale behind the experiment etc. Yes! I also got some feedback at the end of last week. Lots of work ahead.
2. When I get feedback on my paper later this week, work on them. Haven't gotten feedback on this yet

Creative:

1. Taking a leaf out of Revisionista's book, I am going to start doing timed/untimed writing practice. Atleast 3 times a week for 10 mins and 1 hour each on the weekend. That is atleast 2.5 hours this week. I did WPs once this week. But for more than 10 mins, maybe 20.

2. Morning pages, to sort out work related ideas. Yes, on most of the weekdays.

3. Let the writing practice lead into 'novel' writing. Sort of. Wrote a page..Not sure if the WP led to the novel writing. Was in the mood to write one morning , so wrote..:)

Also wrote 1 blog post.

This week's goals (Oct 5-Oct 11)

Academic

1. When I get feedback on my paper, hopefully this week, work on it.

Creative

1. Write a few scent related blog posts

2. Everyday, for atleast one hour before sleeping, either do WPs or read a book. I have been trying to this, this weekend, and it feels soo much better than checking my email and twitter a million times before I sleep..lol..I noticed Carolyn had posted a similar goal..Good luck to us..:)

3. WPs - atleast 10 mins 3 times a week. and half an hour on Sat, Sun. 1.5 hours

4. Morning Pages for work related stuff

Have a great week ahead.

2 comments:

  1. I am loving echinacea tea to help fight off the winter bugs. I but mine from Whittards in the UK (it comes with lemon and ginger). Definatly a favourite for me.

    Sounds like you are doing great cracking on with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've really been enjoying a lavender-earl grey that a friend gifted me for my bday recently. My mom owns a cafe/coffee-tea shop and is forever sending me tons to sample. I must say that I dont mind that perk one bit. She sends me tons, so if you ever want some samples, email me!

    ReplyDelete