Saturday, August 22, 2009

Alison - an introduction.

I am so excited to become part of this group. My head is full of ideas that I am hoping to put into action. This sounds like a great place to share these ideas, gain support, keep motivated and offer support to other like-minded individuals.

Let me explain where I am right now. Currently on maternity leave from work until December so my computer time is a little hit and miss right now. I am hoping to develop my blog (and have a web-site under development). From a work point of view I have a couple of book chapters coming out in September (the book is available to pre-order on Amazon which I am getting such a buzz about). I also have a couple of academic articles pending publication BUT I really want to develop another side to my writing which is less academic and more free-flowing (if that makes any sense!). I am around 1 week before my holidays so will be back in full flow mid-Sept.

My goals this week:-

  • 3 quality blog posts (at the moment I am typing them out exhausted when the little ones are in bed. I know the quality is not that great and would like to develop this area).
  • Get up to speed on my google reader account. I love to see what others are up to and it also offers inspiration to my creatove journey.

As for my reward.... that will be my holiday this time around (can I have that as my reward every week?!).

Looking forward to connecting with you on here.

7 comments:

  1. so happy you are joining swim too! congrats on the work related writing - that is really awesome! i can't wait to see how your personal writing goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to SWIM, Alison! And a huge CONGRATS on your upcoming academic publications!!

    Your goals for this week look like they'll help you immerse yourself in the non-academic writing you've been wanting to do.

    Looking forward to reading more posts from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to being an active part of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alison, welcome to SWIM, my darling!! I'm *SO* thrilled you are here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome, alison! i'm so glad you're swimming with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome!!!
    Congratulations on your publication and the baby! I am delighted you are SWIMming with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted add another welcome to the group. It is so lovely that you have come to swim with us.

    ReplyDelete