Last week I focused on the whole ME concept. This is still an ongoing struggle, particularly as work gets busier and busier. This week is a short one at work for moi because I'm headed to Vancouver on Thurs thru Monday for my cousin's wedding. I am BEYOND excited, but also nervous b/c I have a LOT of work to do (yes, even while I'm there). I hope to balance play and work and not be stressed out the whole time!
Anyhoo, I did OK with last week's goals...
1. Keep my Friday nights sacred, and say no when you have to. And DON'T feel bad about it! - Check! Although the real challenge will be doing this from here on out.
2. Re-implement the 11 p.m. lights out rule, and set wake-up time to 7:30 a.m. (will be earlier next week if this week goes well). Give myself at least 15 minutes to do morning pages. Fail. I was good last night and went to bed at 10:30 - it was divine and so much easier to wake up this morning. Must do better...
3. Replace evening laptop time with book time. It's so easy to drag my laptop into bed with me, but I don't think it does me any good. And since I'm on a computer ALL day at work, it would be nice to indulge in my 20+ books instead of indulging in the internet. I did pretty well with this last week, and I'm going to continue. I love reading, after all, and I have beaucoup de livres to get through!!
WEEK 10 GOALS:
1. Journal daily, including making Gratitude Lists
2. Turn trip to Vancouver into one giant Artist Date. Take oodles of pics, write a lot, enjoy the scenery, and enjoy yourself even while working (I'm going to try and find a fun coffeeshop w/ free wifi so I can work AND indulge!)
3. Be better at responding to reader questions on my blog (I'm really bad about this!)
REWARD: 90 minute massage post-trip!