Bonjour, my darlings! Remember when I said I'd start my goals on Monday? Yeah, that didn't work out so well for me this week, now did it? Here it's already Wednesday - oops! Ah well, let's revisit those Week 9 goals, shall we?
WEEK 9 GOALS:
1) Write blog post on therapy avec Dr. G. Y'all have been so supportive about my decision to see a therapist, and I've been wanting to share some of the things I've discovered/learned about myself through my sessions with Dr. G. Le FAIL. But I will do it... soon.
2) Devote Friday night to crafting, creating & writing. Make it a lovely artist date complete with yummy food & fun jamz. I didn't do a ton of crafting & creating & writing, but I did keep it mine, which is what I intend to do from here on out. I need my Friday nights to myself!
3) 1 morning of morning pages (on a normal work weekday!) Oui, and it was divine, but I am still oh-so-struggling with my mornings... :(
I'm kind of having a rough time. Not sure what's going on. Part of it is that work suddenly got so busy, and I'm so not used to it. Part of it is that when my schedule gets more chaotic, I crave solitude even more and feel bad about saying no to social engagements and other obligations. Do y'all have trouble with this? I feel guilty about putting me first.
Last night, after a particularly rough day at work, I decided to have a ME night - no work, no obligations, no guilt. Instead of hopping on the treadmill, I crawled into my bed with My Life In France and proceeded to stay there until I finished. It was divine. I need more ME nights.
And with the whole ME concept in place, voila my Week 10 Goals:
1. Keep my Friday nights sacred, and say no when you have to. And DON'T feel bad about it!
2. Re-implement the 11 p.m. lights out rule, and set wake-up time to 7:30 a.m. (will be earlier next week if this week goes well). Give myself at least 15 minutes to do morning pages.
3. Replace evening laptop time with book time. It's so easy to drag my laptop into bed with me, but I don't think it does me any good. And since I'm on a computer ALL day at work, it would be nice to indulge in my 20+ books instead of indulging in the internet.