Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Tomato: Week 7


Bonjour, mes amies! I am excited to be back on the SWIM bandwagon and love hearing all about y'all's writing experiences. It's so inspirational! I've been feeling a lot less pressure to write, and as a result, it's coming more naturally and easily. Work's been so slow lately also that I take advantage of that time to blog and journal. I just got put on a doc review so I'll be working a lot (hopefully). Figuring out how to squeeze in time for all my "fun" writing will be a challenge, but I welcome it with open arms. After all, isn't real life learning to balance work and play?

My Week 6 check-in:

WEEK 6 GOALS!

1) Experiment with fun journaling a la Revisionista! Don't worry about lack of drawing ability and just GO FOR IT! Haha um... I did do this, but not well. I need to take Doodling 101 or something! It's ridiculous!

2) Consciously set aside your Juicy Journaling assignments and come to peace w/ the fact that I can take those on at a later time. Yup - set up a gmail folder where all my juicy journaling emails go. It doesn't stress me out to see them piling up anymore!

3) Get feedback on ideas for Le Book (may need some of y'all's help on this one) and start notebook exclusively devoted to its conception. Right now Le Book is mostly an idea in my head, and I think I need more vision and guidance before I begin writing it full-on. I envision a notebook full of ideas as a good starting point. :) Check! Also bought a notebook for Le Book and plan to start exploring ideas and thinking about feedback there. Woo hoooo

4) Keep up with SWIM!! (because you ladies are FABULOUS and INSPIRATIONAL!) Check!!

Voila my Week 6 Goals:

1) Attempt morning pages (actually in the morning) at least 2x/week

2) Work on planner pad - i love my planner pad, but i often don't use it as best i could. I'm going to try and carve out some time this weekend to really spend time planning the week ahead.

3) Write 3 snail mail letters/cards to friends. (I've been truly slacking on this one.)

4) Post weekly SWIM goals in planner pad!

5) Write a difficult blog post for moi... has been on my mind for quite some time, but have been scared to write it. I think it will be good for me.

(No reward for moi this week. I've given myself enough rewards lately. ;-) )



{photo credit - Jennifer Emery}

3 comments:

  1. If the idea for the post has been on your mind for a while, then it's definitely time to get it out onto the page! Don't forget - you don't have to post it immediately. You can just draft it to start, and then come back to it in a little while to rework it and post.

    I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your book ideas!

    Putting SWIM goals in my Planner Pad is such a great idea. Thanks for writing about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photo for this post & how it reflects how chill and content you are with all that you've been doing.

    How are the morning pages going?

    I can't wait to hear more about how the notebook/journal for Le Book is shaping up!

    ReplyDelete