Last Week's Goal Progress:
1. continue 3 MPs/day mostly. i missed a few here and there whilst traveling
2. live mini-blog/tweet from RWA yes!
3. whilst attending workshops and other conference events, seriously think about the role of novel writing in my life and decide what/how/when I want to do with my novel drafts... yes!
4. obviously, finish presentation before leaving for DC yes!
Last week I started a new twist on the MPs: I'll write two pages of "here's what's on my mind" stream of consciousness stuff, and then the third page will be some kind of writing exercise--usually a bit of description. This has been a lot of fun, and I can see it growing into a longer writing process if I allow it.
As for my novel plans, well, I'm thinking seriously about the kind of stories I want to write. I'm thinking about Jenny Crusie's advice. I'm thinking about how much I already know about writing. I'm thinking about zen and discipline. In short, I'm thinking about putting theory into practice and writing an honest to goodness book or two.
This week's goals:
1. Continue MPs
2. Blog about RWA and DC fun
3. Write ENG 102 syllabus and assignments for fall
4. Devote afternoon time--at least an hour--to reading
5. Build morning ritual: run/walk, breakfast, MPs, blog, French, work stuff
Yoga Class at Yoga on the Lake
Good luck this week:)