Monday, July 20, 2009

Ellecubed Goals Week of July 20-26

Hello Lovelies,

I have decided (after some encouragement from Kiki) that it is time to take the plunge and post my first SWIM goals. I love writing and I have a lot of mini writing projects on the go, but the main projects I want to work on this summer are launching my blog, establishing a morning pages routine and working on a non-fiction guidebook I have been writing on and off for the past two years.

Here are my goals for this week:

  • Dedicate 20 minutes each morning to writing Morning Pages.
  • Write five blog posts and launch Ellecubed by the end of the week
  • Do the finishing touches on the proposal for my non-fiction guidebook and hand it off to the appropriate people.

I have decided to give myself one reward for each of the above goals because I want it to motivate me to continue to focus on my writing. I plan to reward myself with the following things:

  • A community acupuncture session
  • A bouquet of fresh flowers
  • A smoothie of my choice from Fresh

I also wanted to take a moment to thank all you lovelies for sharing your writing goals and being honest and humble about the writing process.

8 comments:

  1. your goals look great! i'm so glad you're diving in.

    you have some great rewards waiting for you; i hope you have a super productive week.

    can't wait to visit your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, we're so glad you're able to join us! How do you prefer to be called - Lexi, L, Elle, L3?

    Your non-fiction guidebook sounds like a fascinating project. What is it a guidebook to?

    SWIM is definitely a space in which we must be humble in the face of the writing process. Revisionista's post about being careful not to bite off more than we can chew is perfectly relevant here.

    Again, welcome to our crazy poolside world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So looking forward to your posts and good luck on your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you City Girl, Kiki and Revisionista for the lovely comments and encouragements.

    Kiki, you can call me Lexi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Lexi. I look forward to reading your posts. I love the idea of one reward per goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried acupuncture. What's your experience of it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kiki, I forgot to answer your question about my guide book yesterday. Basically it is going to be a book on holistically healing the mind, body and soul after abuse.

    Thank you for the welcome Vienna. I have had excellent experiences with acupuncture. I have been using it for anxiety and it has been really great for helping me to manage it. This is a pretty general answer but if you have any particular questions about my experiences, I would be more than happy to answer them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bienvenue!! I'm excited that you've joined us!

    ReplyDelete