I'm coming up for air 2800+ words richer after today's research writing session, which was more like a deep sea dive. Last week I was feeling a little impatient and bored about the rsch chapter but now that I'm writing about the sexy stuff, it's all fun. Let's hope this enthusiasm will flow into tomorrow's research time.
So how'd I do last week?
- YES! Continue morning pages each day
- Given all the ennui & impatience I was feeling last week, I'm happy with the 5 pages I did manage to write Freewrite 10pp of CH 1 (try to end week on S's novel)
- J's pov chapter took a while to finish, but now I'm into M's which is fun since he's being all broody at the moment. Write from each novel character's point of view (my brain hasn't really been motivated by thinking in terms of pages/chapters, so I'm going to see if writing from the characters' povs will help me make more progress. I do love my characters so I'll just think in terms of hanging out with J or L or M to see what they're up to)
- Nope Type up some of novel
- YES! 2 blog posts
- Only a couple more stories to go Try to finish Caitlin Macy's Spoiled
- REWARD: hmmmm, maybe a matine although I don't know if there's anything playing that I really want to see. Or, maybe treat the novel to another afternoon out or maybe a cd or movie on itunes....I'll see what's most appealing at the end of the week. No specific reward this week as I didn't quite meet my goals, but I did manage to work some general fun (ie bubblebaths & reading) into my days.
- Continue morning pages each day: I'm spicing mine up with markers, drawings, paint & glitter in an attempt to tap into my right brain first thing.
- Write on CH 1 at least 15min FIRST thing after breakfast
- Finish M's pov, paste in L's pov from previous draft, figure out what's next
- 2-3 blog posts
- keep reading each day; choose a new book
I'll respond to the group brainstorm & all the other fab posts in a bit. Right now, I think it's time to soak in a bath with a yummy book! (oooo, and maybe with some chocolate....)
Au revoir for now, SWIMmers! :)