I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I did!
Well, last week's goals...
1. Portfolio (collection of short stories, some chapters of my novel and some critical theory pieces for MA application). I regret to say that, whilst I worked hard on it, I didn't manage to finish, which is starting worrying me. Since I haven't been able to dedicate much time to my creative writing lately, this week I found it extremely difficult to get started. I wouldn't focus, words wouldn't come out, frustation would creep up on me. Things started getting better after a while, which has taught me an interesting lesson, which I did know deep down: WRITING TAKES TIME and I NEED TO BE READY TO ALLOW MYSELF this time. Writing happens in time. That's the main problem I currently face, finding this consistent time, and I definitely will have to find a solution since I do not want to give up my dream of becoming a professional writer. Joining this group has been my first step to allow myself the time to write and I am so grateful for all the support. Thank you! (We'll need to make up something similar for the winter...)
2. Morning pages. 7/7. Total success here. And, you know what? Right now I couldn't do without them. Somehow they are working their magic.
3. Artist Date. After my 'rehearsal' I had a fantastic Artist Date. I bought colouring pencils, glue, watercolours, sketching book and all sort of delighful little things, and I made myself (with my own hands, I cannot believe it!) a present for a friend. From an ordinary note book I made a nice journal full of collages, pictures, drawings and a little story on it. I still need to finalise it but it's not going to take me long. I felt as if I were 8 again and it was such an enjoyable and liberating experience. When I went back home I cooked some new recipe from the Mediterranean Escapes: Sauted Squid on a chickpea and rocket bed. Delicious! You can see the picture above.
4. Reading. Didn't finish Saturday and NOW THE TIME'S COME!!!!!!! The BAN! I have to say that I was sort of ready for that, since Kiki had told us about it. But, anyway, any minute I realise of something new I can't do without reading. I really cannot imagine a life without reading. How isolating! Well, I'll just surrender to this week's rules and hopefully I will feel the benefits from this detox.
SO I APOLOGISE IN ADVANCE FOR MY DISAPPEARANCE THIS WEEK. I'LL STILL BE HERE BUT ONLY ON A WRITING MODE. I PROMISE I'LL CATCH UP WITH EVERYONE'S POSTS ON THIS AND YOUR PERSONAL BLOGS ON SUNDAY (AND I'M SOOOOO LOOCKING FORWARD TO SUNDAY!!!)
REWARD: I asked myself if that was deserved or underserved... I decided that it was SO DESERVED. Even though the results haven´t been what I expected, I have put the time, the work and the effort. As I said before, writing is a process that takes places in time, I cannot expect to see the results straight away. So, yes. I had it. And I was so so lucky that I found this offer: For the same price than 1 massage I got A FACIAL; BACK, SHOULDERS, NECK AND SCALP MASSAGE; FULL BODY POLISH. Isn't that AMAZING?????????? I could feel the wink from the Universe.
- Writing, writing, non-stop writing on my portfolio. I should finish it by the end of this week. No excuses!
- Morning pages every morning.
- Post every day.
- Oops! Proper work... I need to think this one. What can I do that can be done without reading??? Maybe I'll start decluttering my office...
Have a lovely week. I'll read you all on Sunday. I'll miss you.