Monday, July 6, 2009

Vienna: my last week's rewards




Hi guys!




Just posting a picture of my reward for last week's work. A journal and a 2009-2010 academic diary with a pattern inspired by the Japanese social phenomenon of flower viewing (Hanami) http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2011_how.html , where the imperial households, poets, singers, and other aristocrats would gather and celebrate under the blossoms.
I have just come back from a yoga class and the journey has been quite an adventure. I have been drenched by torrential rain, I have lost my yoga mat and had to go back to the gym under the same torrential rain (found it, though), eventually I've made it home. I should keep writing about this week's goals but I think I'm going to make myself a nice herbal tea, grab the Ian McEwan's book I'm currently reading and climb into bed. I will be back here tomorrow with my goals.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, that's awful about the yoga mat & rain. but the journal & planner are lovely! what ian mcewan are you reading? I loved, loved, loved Atonement! But I don't think I've read anything else by him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Atonement' was the first book I read by Ian McEwan and I absolutely fell in love with it. Then I read 'On Chesil Beach' and that wasn't my cup of tea, to be honest. Now I am reading 'Saturday'. I love the way he can convey a whole universe just through its details. However, the 'Atonement' ghost stills follows me and I don't think I'm enjoying Saturday as much. I'm giving it a chance. I'll let you know how I get on.

    One book I've really enjoyed is 'The Outcast', by Sadie Smith. Have you read it? If you haven't, I highly recommend it. Genius! I wish I could write like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for hanami! The journal and planner are beautiful.

    I got wet coming home from yoga last night too. Seems like all of England was rainy yesterday...

    ReplyDelete